Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How I Spent My Day Off

Mostly flat on my back.

And there was a woman involved, and another guy.

And it involved both pain and pleasure - even some blood.





In other words ...

I spent a fun filled five hours in a dentist's chair having a root canal, attended by the dentist and a hygienist.

Amazingly, the cleaning at the start of the day hurt worse than the actual root canal procedure.

So that explains the pain. What about the pleasure?

Each room in this dentist's office has a TV hooked up with earphones so you can at least listen while you're being drilled and filled. So I got to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, which at one point had me laughing so hard I was afraid I would make the dentist slip with the drill.

So that's how I spent my day off, and managed to make it sound at first like a five-hour marathon of sin and depravity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Dominion Blue said...

Okay, Bub, you had me going there for a minute.

Hope you got good drugs from the dentist.

5:40 PM EDT  
Blogger JerseyCynic said...

oh WALT!! Please put him in touch with my dentist. All I get is a cute kitty poster on the ceiling to glance up at.

I feel your pain my friend. Getting old ain't for sissies that's for sure.

I hope he gave you some good pain meds.

Hope your feeling better today

7:02 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home