Monday, October 07, 2013

It Isn't Often . . .

That a 2-3 record by my favorite gridiron football team (that's American professional football; my favorite association football (soccer) side is Bayern Munchen) makes me happy.

But the Oakland Raiders did well tonight, jumping out to a big lead and then hanging on like grim death to beat the San Diego Chargers 27-17.  The Chargers' last play was a deep pass intercepted by Charles Woodson with 1:15 left in the game.

Whee!

Week 5 was a fun one for me:

Miami lost.

Dallas lost.

New England lost.

All of which, coupled with a Raiders win, makes me very, very happy.

Oh, and the team I love to make fun of?  The Tampa Bay Tampons?

(They're called the Tampons because they're only good for one period, there's no second string, and they're a bloody mess.)

Well, there was no way they could possibly lose this week.

It was their bye week.

GO RAIDERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home