Thursday, April 19, 2007

Maniacs and Crazy People

"I differentiate between maniacs and crazy people. A maniac will beat nine people to death with a steel dildo. A crazy person will beat nine people to death with a steel dildo - but he'll be wearing a Bugs Bunny costume at the time."
- George Carlin
By Carlin's measure, Cho Seung Hui was a maniac - unless you consider his faux-militarist shirt and harness to be the equivalent of the bunny suit.
Okay, so let's talk crazy here. By all accounts, the number of actively psychotic people in this country, along with the number of those who are so depressed they could sideways at any given moment, is increasing. And in a technological society, all it takes is one aberrant personality to cause a great deal of damage.
What's the answer? I don't know. Carlin suggested penning them all up in Utah (except for some that he insisted had to be kept around for comic relief).

1 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I wish I or someone knew the answer, but I don't. I had to laugh at Carlin's remarks because the guy never sugar coats anything.

9:01 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home