Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tunin' In, Turnin' On, Droppin' Out

From Geneva we hear of the death of Dr. Albert Hofmann, who was 102 years old.

Why do I bring this up, and what connection has it to the title?

Dr. Hofmann was researching a grain fungus when he extracted a compound known nowadays as lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD. He had the first scientifically documented LSD drug trip when a tiny drop absorbed into his fingertip.

Potent stuff.

LSD was at first offered as a tool in posychiatric health care, but was quickly corrupted when counterculture youth and others got hold of it.

And the rest, they say, is history.

What's that?

Me, you say?

Pardon me; I was laughing. I've never tried it, or any other drug other than ethanol.

I'm crazy enough normally - IMAGINE me on drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home