Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Review


It's been a busy week for Assholes, dear readers.

We have supposedly sober, non-drug-addled and presumably educated people in this country advocating the repeal of the 14th Amendment. I'm not sure if any of these people have really considered the implications of that, but at first glance higher cognition is not exactly their strongest suit.

Hint, Assholes: If your position is too extreme for Tom Tancredo, Alan Keyes, and Mike Huckabee, you're probably too far gone to save at this point.

The son of Potato(e) Dan Quayle has the nerve to rear up on his hind legs and accuse Obama of being the 'worst President ever.' He needs to expand his horizons a bit, as Obama's poll numbers are not in George W. Bush territory. Yet.

Some of the same educated and mature adults are also supporting repeal of the 17th Amendment. Excuse me, Assholes, but I want the ability to choose the insipid bastard who'll represent me in Washington. Not my state legislature.

Mittens Romney is the presumptive front runner, and he's all against the mandate portion of the health care reform law. Mittens, you can try to twist and squirm all you want, but you pioneered the individual mandate when you were Governor of Massachusetts. It'll be almost like trying to run away from your embrace of gay rights.

Serious People like David Stockman (St. Reagan's budget guru) and Alan Greenspan (the former Holy Man of the Fed) both say that leaving the Bush tax cuts in place will basically destroy the US economy. As a result, Republicans and conservatives have demoted these hard-core conservatives to the ranks of the Dirty Hippies.

I had a guy pissing and moaning about those tax cuts, and I asked him quite reasonably if he made more than $250,000 a year. He said no, and I told him that the change wouldn't affect him at all. Of course, he looked at me as if I were the Antichrist.

(I'm not, of course - I am, however, the Beast Foretold.)

The people who oppose same-gender marriage have had their arguments revealed, in court, for what they truly are: Total and Utter Codswallop. Hey, Assholes, merely saying homosexuality is "icky" won't stand up in court, and a witness stand is a lonely place when you can't back up anything you say under oath.

There are times, dear readers, when I feel like Dark Helmet in Spaceballs:

"I'm surrounded by assholes!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home