Saturday, June 25, 2005

Playing Candide

Yesterday was payday, so I spent a good portion of the morning casting aspersions and puppy biscuits to the lupine pests lolling about my doors, and afterward I spent an enjoyable amount of downtime at Tampa's Ybor City. For those of you who don't know, Ybor is a historic district that is now a fashionable ghetto of nightclubs, bars and restaurants. You can have a great time there, or get your throat slit (which has happened before).

But I digress.

Today I got up bright and early to do yardwork. I mowed and trimmed the yard, weeded my gardens, pressure washed my patio and then set up an herb garden so I can have fresh mint and &c. when I want to. All in all, a busily productive day cultivating my garden like Voltaire's famous character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home