Friday, March 17, 2006

A Fine Lenten Friday

Hey, it's Friday!

Where are the drinks?

You might want to go over to DailyKos for that, since it's Rum and Coke Friday over there. No time for that over here.

So, what's going on?

Well, today's the observance of the feast day of Saint Patrick, patron saint of Ireland. Not bad - pig farmer and former slave becomes a saint.

Ah, but it's also the middle of Lent, so good Catholics out there need a dispensation before tucking into the corned beef and cabbage. I'm not having any of that, but will celebrate my Irish heritage by drinking Irish beer. So there.

It's also the second day of "Operation Swarmer," the huge air assault campaign into north-central Iraq designed to shore up George Bush's sagging poll numbers.

Hey, I've got a great idea!

Let's give up war for Lent!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up drinking for lent....that caused a few wars over the past couple of months or so...so in a sense I guess I gave up warring for lent.

9:45 PM EST  
Blogger Liz Blondsense said...

I gave up foreplay for lent.

7:18 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home