Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Open Letter

I emailed the following letter to the offices of Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) this afternoon:


Sir,

As an American citizen (although, I admit, not from the district you represent), I share your indignation at the recent raid by the FBI on the offices of Representative Jefferson. However, I respectfully submit that you and the rest of the Congress have created the conditions to make this happen.

By not standing up to the Bush Administration's 'unitary executive' stretching of the Constitution as well as its cavalier attitude towards the Legislative and Judicial branches of the US Government, you and your fellow members have given the Executive branch the idea that they can do as they please.

Basically (and I hope that you will excuse the indelicacy), you made the bed, now sleep in it.


Now, I don't expect a reply, and while I didn't include my address and phone number, I'm sure that Senselessbrenner's little pals in the NSA can find it for him.

1 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I thought about doing the same thing. They're hot under the collar now because their stuff could be gone through. They didn't give a damn when they voted for the Patriot Act that would allow our freakin' houses to be gone through without our freakin' knowledge?

8:55 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home