Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Truer Words ...



... were never spoken.

While bloviating about the Da Vinci Code, a God-botherer maundered some true words (I'm paraphrasing here): "Americans are a Jesus-oriented society, but are Biblically illiterate. Many seem to think that as long as something is attributed to Jesus, it's in the Bible."

Hmm.

I think that's why Jim Bakker and his egregious wife Tammy were able to gull so many people into building a vast real estate boondoggle designed primarily to the greater glory (and fatter wallet) of Bakker.

I think that's why Jimmy Swaggart managed to get out from under his hooker scandal. Now, I hate Jimmy Swaggart because he's a bad consumer (I mean, honestly, people - who in their right mind rents a hooker and just TALKS?), and not for being a genetic reject from the Backwoods.

I think that's how Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and James Dobson have managed to make so much money.

I think that's how T.D. Jakes manages to afford his $1500 suits.

I think that's how Billy Graham managed to become the confidant of US Presidents.

And I think very strongly that's why George Bush thinks that God speaks to him.

Because Bush apparently believes this shit he spouts. And he and his merry band of Ayatollahs are dead set on recasting this nation into a cross-waving Christian Iran.

Sinclair Lewis never said more truthful (or painful) words, because we're seeing it right now, folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

My first thought after reading your post was, "NO SHIT" People like these used to be put in mental wards and for good reason.

10:54 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home