Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rant Time

I would have posted sooner than this (it's been a full week since I wrote anything to this blog), but I was at a management seminar all last week. Friday my business' promotion list came out, and for the 11th time in 11 years my name wasn't on it.

You might think that someone who works hard, gets a good education, is enthusiastic about working for a company, has unquestioned administrative skills and has been a loyal employee for 20 Godsdamned years would be a welcome addition to management.

But apparently not.

So I didn't write anything over the weekend, as I sorted through my mind and got off the depression that always follows such news.

But enough about me - how was YOUR week?

It's been a bit of a weird week for Dear Leader. First he gets a lukewarm reception at the UN while two leaders excoriate him publicly (and it was not at all surprising to see how many in the General Assembly applauded Hugo Chavez's calling Bush a devil), then his three biggest GOP critics on his torture legislation cave in and agree to be sodomized once again on the Altar of Party Unity. The GOP's Altar of Party Unity is built like a row of stocks, designed to take and hold up to one entire Senate full of Republican sycophants and Democrat bootlickers so that Bush can fuck them all in the ass, one by one.

So it's been sort of a roller coaster week for El Presidente.

The slow downward plunge of our once great nation into a political and economic basket case continues, with a record trade deficit, jobs being outsourced to China and India, and the housing market starting to cave in like a Titanic made of old Kleenex boxes.

Osama bin Laden might be dead, or then again he might not be - no one in Washington really cares anymore, since MacTerrorists, Inc. has now metastasized into an ever-widening franchise of global extremist groups. A recently declassified National Intelligence Estimate has revealed that almost everyone but the Bush Crime Family already knew, that the invasion and occupation of Iraq has made the terrorist situation worse, not better.

The death of public discourse in this country continues apace, with High Priest of the GOP Death God Moloch (Praised be His Fires) Jerry Falwell actually saying out loud that Hilary Clinton running for President would be worse than if Satan was running. Got news for you, Jerry.

Satan's already in the White House; he's masquerading as Dick Cheney.

Okay, I'm done for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Damn, I'm so sorry about the promotion deal. Do they have something personal against you? Want me to come up there and we'll bop some heads around?

You've read my post today, I'm bummy about almost everything. Each day I see things slipping away for our country and I often wonder how much longer do we have before it is no longer fixable. That scares me.

I knew McCain would cave. He may have been tough as a POW, but now he's just one more butt boy for bush.

Some Dems are trying to point out some serious problems but unless you watch c-span, you'll never hear about it.

8:45 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home