Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Sensed a Disturbance in the Force ...

... so I got up from my nap and switched on the TV:

Jerry Falwell
1933-2007
I'm a bit betwixt and between about this, folks. Part of me wishes condolences to his family; the other parts of me (roughly five of the seven voices in my head) say that he waited about twenty years too long to go, and recommend that we wait three days to make sure he doesn't come back.
I'll have the stake and mallet waiting.
Falwell was a greedy con man who took the Lord's name in vain in the pursuit of a fast buck so many times that he gave used-car salesmen a bad name. Some of his public pronouncements (like blaming gays, liberals and the ACLU for 9/11) were classic Far Right Christian stupidity.
Now I'm waiting for Robertson and Dobson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home