Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Season Food Binge

Today's Palm Sunday in A Certain Religion. We saw His Hypocrisy parading around Rome with a woven palm frond, which reminds me that "palm" can also mean a slap to the face.

Palm Sunday is also the start of the Easter season, which I like to celebrate as the first real breakout of Spring.

I'm all about fertility rites, ya know. That makes me pro-life. ::evil grin::

Anyway, I celebrate with foods I consider traditional, so here's what was on the menu:

1. Leg of lamb, about 5 1/2 pounds, trimmed, deboned and butterflied, and smeared all over with a pesto made of basil, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, toasted chopped walnuts, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and olive oil (makes a nice paste in the processor). Roast fat side up at 325 degrees for 2 hours and it came out deliciously tender, flavorful and medium.

2. Baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon

3. Sweet corn with butter sauce.

4. Homemade cherry pie. I added a tablespoon of Amaretto to the filling, and lined the pie dish with butter and sugar before adding the crust. Tasty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home