Friday, March 17, 2006

Book Update

First, a little background:

I started writing a science fiction novel back in 1979, shortly after graduating high school. Over the next quarter-century or so, that one book ballooned into three. The first book of the trilogy, Fastoshi: Chronicles, was published in 2003; the second, Morshrarthi: Interactions, in 2004.*

The third and final book in what I call the Empire of the Race trilogy, 'Atshnegjir: Rebirth, has cleared its first galley review and should be available online for purchase later this year.

You can hit the link "My Novels" to take you to the AuthorHouse website to buy the books, if you're interested.

The Empire trilogy is a type of alternate history, tracing the history of an alien race, including its contact with and observations of the human race. It covers a lot of ground in terms of time, from about 800,000 BPE to 12,400 AD, and over the course of writing the books I've created an entire culture for these aliens. Language, alphabet, psychology, religion - pretty much everything I can think of.


*The boldface vowels are marked out as 'long' vowels.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! That's outstanding! I tried writing SciFi for about ten years without getting anything published--mostly short stories though I do have a couple of novel ideas, one of which is "my Hugo". Alas, probably won't ever get written.

BTW...surfed over from Morning Martini, and left this haiku there in response to yours:

"Blog" my brother frog,
Sunshine sleeping, hid from view.
Heady with perfume.

And now...off to check up on your novels...

6:45 PM EST  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Cool, I had no idea you were doing this. Go for it.

Keeper of the haiku frog. :)

8:47 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home