Monday, March 20, 2006

A Monday Recap

Well, today was the official Third Anniversary of George Bush's Great Crusade Against Anyone Who's Not White, Male and Republican.

But I didn't concern myself with that today, although I kept an ear to the news for any updates on the current Operation Bright Shiny Thing, which is part of Campaign Clusterfuck, which is one of the main components of Plan Destroy America.

Can you tell I'm just a wee bit bitter about the incompetence of the Bushite Junta?

So, I did the following thing:

1. Worked in my gardens on a few landscaping projects, trying to get them done before it gets too hot outside. I have a painting and tiling job inside for the summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Working in the yard is to me a mental escape. I know just what you mean. Sometimes you have to let it all go and do something before your head cracks down the middle and explodes.

I read to get away, but now I'm reading Cobra ll. Not much of a getaway since it's all about the total screw ups that got us into this nightmarish war.

11:52 AM EST  
Blogger Liz Blondsense said...

Hey you Floridians. We just got a cold snap in NY and we can't do gardening yet. still on the inside projects. sigh.

You aren't the only bitter person, baby.

12:23 PM EST  
Blogger Walt said...

Like Candide, we both cultivate our gardens and find some peace in that. I'm busily imposing order on chaos in my yard, doing landscaping. It gives me time to think things through, and work on new story ideas.

I'm dividing my time between a second reading of Eric Hoffer's "True Believer" and Douglas Adams' "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish." Which gives you some idea of how my mind works. ::grins::

12:25 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home