Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some Good News (of a sort)

I went back to the doctor today to have the stitches removed from my chin and get the preliminary findings of the biopsies.

(As you may recall from our last episode, I had a bit of surgery - a lymph node, a hunk of my tongue and a bit from the back of my throat - in order to determine definitively what was wrong. Also, Aunt Mary, having taken a tramp into the woods, is now lying in a ditch at the edge of town.)

Worst Case (always look at Worst Case first) was something called squamous cell carcinoma - a nasty cancer that requires chemo and radiation to treat.

THIS IS NOT, REPEAT NOT, WORST CASE.

Which was a relief, allow me to tell you.

So the wandering lymph node and the other bits of flesh are being tested further in order to eliminate another form of cancer called Lymphoma (easily and readily treatable) or a viral infection or something else that I can identify and kill.

More updates as they come in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Walt, I'm following your case with interest and wish you all the best. My thoughts are with you,

2:37 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home