Thursday, June 01, 2006

That Time of Year - Again

Yes, boys and girls, it's Hurricane Season once again, and the people whose job it is to guess at such things have predicted a real E-ticket ride for the next 6+ months.

So I've made a few preparations - I've restocked my hurricane kit with food, water and batteries, I now have two first aid kits, and there is lumber already cut to secure my windows. I will also start doing monthly tests of my generator to make certain that I can at least power a fan or two, as well as the fridge.

Apart from all that, all I can do is wait. I live inland, about 70 miles from either coast, but the three storms that went right over my head back in 2004 (Charley, Frances and Jeanne) proved that nowhere in Florida can be considered "safe."

So, batten down the hatches, and brace yourselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Yep I wrote about the six month anxiety attack too. I dread this and I hate dreading anything during the summer. That's supposed to be a time for fun.

2:27 PM EDT  
Blogger Walt said...

Patricia,

I will be watchful, but I refuse to let it worry me. I get enough stress at work.

3:13 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home