Monday, July 10, 2006

Rising Sun - Rising Again?

This should scare the bejesus out of people. Some Japanese lawmakers are going to start exploring a 'pre-emptive strike' option against North Korea.

Japan's post-war constitution forbids any type of military aggression, and it's only by adopting the legal casuistry of "Self-Defense" that they even have an army, navy and air force. Since Japan has never apologized or even acknowledged the excesses they perpetrated during the wars they fought in Korea, China and Southeast Asia, any moves that may signal a possible remilitarization of Japan are looked at with great suspicion by their neighbors.

Kim Jong Il might conceivably launch his own pre-emptive strike against Japan, if the DPRK feels that the Japanese are militarizing.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war ..."

2 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

This whole damned thing scares more than bejesus out of me. Between the god awful war that could get even worse in the Iraq area and now this, sort of makes me glad I'm as old as I am. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a kid in this world today, because the world of tomorrow doesn't look pretty from here.

10:21 AM EDT  
Blogger Walt said...

One of the reasons I was told by my church's youth pastor (yes, I actually did go to church, years ago) that I would be going to Hell was the question:

"Based on everything that's going on in the world (in 1978, that is), where will we find the meek that will supposedly inherit the Earth? And would they want to inherit it after we're done with it?"

11:30 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home