Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Events of the Past Few Days ...

... emptied, steamed, whipped into a fondue, and lovingly garnished with lark's vomit, just for you.

We'll start with the Super Bowl. The game was good, and as I expected the Colts won (the chief reason it was good - with the rain and all, it was quite a sloppy game). The best part of it was the ads, although even the ads weren't up to the standards of previous years (such as the Flatulent Horse ad from Bud Light a few years back).

My personal favorites were 1) the Blockbuster spot featuring the rabbit and the hamster trying to get the mouse to click online. For a few moments it looked and sounded as if the rabbit was masturbating, and high marks for using Bobcat Goldthwait for the voice of the mouse.

The other ad that tickled me was the one for the mapping device that was an homage to the Japanese show Ultraman. Sheer comedic brilliance.

In another display of comedy, this time of the low and ironic kind, the Republican members of the Senate of the United States decided to block a cloture vote that would have initiated a vote on the Warner-Levin Nonbinding Resolution and Facesaving Gesture. Now the GOP have nailed their colors to the mast, and enough of them have chosen to sink with their President to possibly make 2008 The Year The GOP Died.

Meanwhile, the US death toll in Iraq has reached 3100, and the Pentagon concedes that the insurgent's aim is improving as they're shooting down more of our helicopters. Dear Leader has sent up a budget that will guarantee we'll be paying the Red Chinese for eons while his fatcat enablers just get richer.

However, the sun is shining outside after a few days of filthy weather, and today has conspired to be just wonderful.

And now ....

Shameless Plug Time!

I write for a furry fiction website called Spontoon Island, set in an alternate Earth of the 1930s. I have recently broken the 100-chapter mark on my story, Luck of the Dragon, and several other stories are nominated for this year's Ursa Major awards. So drop by and read about crime, sex, violence, sex, fur, and sex.

Oh, and for those of you who want sports, there's sex.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missouri Mule said...

Oh man! I ain't had a good bowl of lark's vomit in a coon's age. Yumm!

8:07 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from blondsense......

It's a UPI STORY, which is Moon's outfit, and that means it's...well I'm sure "I Snot" will chime in and tell us whether to believe it or not.

Hilarious. :) The only reason I'm "chiming in" is because I'm sitting at another computer. Apparently, I've been banned from your hate-mongering cesspool blondesense.

Banned by webmaster. Your comments will not be added

The other commenter (Bruce?) that popped in a few days ago said I would eventually get banned here. Something about being much too effective, he said. He was right and I also knew it at the time. Frankly, I'm surprised that the siteowner was able to withstand ten days (or so) of her commenters and postings being torn apart. Even though I was very polite about it, this had to stop, and I understand that. A return to the echo chamber is needed. This blog cannot withstand dissent.


In addition to the childish namecalling here on this thread, some of the commenters (that I had pwned several times over) were starting to call me nasty names like "cockroach".

"You know you're directly over the target when you gets lots of flak."

I'm quite happy that I won't be bothering to comment here any further. Ten days was more than enough. I actually feel sorry for (most of) you. I'm sure some of you are actually nice people, just like my friend the librarian. After all, her political lunacy isn't entirely her own fault. She went through 6 years of heavy indoctrination, this at a time in her life when she was very naive and vulnerable.


Nothing I say will change a man who defends nothing, that man shall soon be nothing. Speak the truth and victory shall be the fruit.
People will remember that some of us stood for the truth in this time of struggle and defended women's rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the defeat of slavery. We said no to the Islamist monsters who wished to bring forth their domination of the world. The defeatists among us stood by and did nothing to stop their pre-medieval sexism, racism, slavery and terrorism. They instead gave excuses for these acts of aggression. We gave hope to the majority of Muslims, most are peaceful people that just want a prosperous life for their families, a life free of the oppressive Islamists and their apologist tools in The West. History will be the judge.
.

9:19 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home