Saturday, February 18, 2006

McTerrorists, Inc.

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld has announced that al Qaeda has better PR than the US military and the other members of the coalition, and that a group of ragged fundamentalists have better communications than the most powerful military organization on the planet.

Sadly, Rummy may be right. The use of satelite phones, text messages and Blackberry personal communications devices enables terrorists to network and coordinate their efforts. Because it's a number of small cells or groups, finding and destroying them (because let's face it - that's what an army does for a living) becomes an exercise in futility.

I use the term "McTerrorists" in identifying this post because the term "al Qaeda" has become a franchise name. Any street gang or group of malcontents who want some instant street cred, notoriety or respect can adopt the name, and who will be the wiser?

I expect to see a gang of Christian gang-bangers calling themselves something like "al Qaeda in Evanston, Indiana" sometime soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Blondsense said...

I like the term, McTerrorists. I predicted a while ago that everyone is going to be labeled as al Qaida. Even my mom in law suggested I was an al Qaida sympathizer. LOL

7:12 AM EST  
Blogger Walt said...

I was thinking of renaming my cat, Boudicca, and start calling her Osama. I figure What the Heck? She never responds to the name I give her anyway ...

11:08 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home