Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Message

(I posted this originally as a comment on http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com today):

Throughout late 2002 and into 2003 I consistently said that we had no business going into Iraq. I've had too many people lie to me and try to manipulate me over the years, so I can sense bullshit - and BushCo's sudden veer away from Afghanistan smelled to high heaven.

I sat and listened to every minute of Powell's address to the UNSC, and came away unconvinced. After all, I had seen artist's renderings of weapons systems in the Reagan-era defense booklets - I was certain that Iraq didn't have anything like mobile anthrax labs.

Needless to say, I was called any number of nasty names for being 'unpatriotic.' Those people got even madder when I pointed out that I was more patriotic than they were, because I was wary to spend American blood and money on ground of no value.

Now we have seen that Bush wanted war with Iraq even as far back as 1999, that he wanted to attack Iraq on 9/11, that British PM Blair had to basically fellate Bush in order to get him to concentrate on Afghanistan first, that there were no WMDs, no Iraq/al Qaeda connection and no Iraq-9/11 connection.

Which leads to an inescapable conclusion.

I was right.

Truth to tell, I hate being right, because this military misadventure has cost us untold billions of dollars, all of our credibility and respect, and 2320 American lives.

However, to all those people who vilified me back in 2003: "I fucking told you so, you stupid purblind assholes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home