Friday, March 24, 2006

The Worst People in the World

The title's a bit harsh, but I'm a harsh mood tonight. I had to spend the first half of my day attending a meeting (on my day off, mind you), and the rest of the day doing a wonderful landscaping job in my front garden. Stage Two of that will be coming up starting tomorrow.

But I'm not here to talk about that - well, maybe a bit.

I want to talk about Christians. Not the normal sort of Christians, the ones who are generally kind, tolerant people and give to charities and adopt children regardless of their genetic makeup. I'm talking about the Christian Fascists. These people believe that their flavor of Christianity should be the only one - and it ain't vanilla, folks. They want to make "Christianity" the only religion in this country, or at least in government, and never mind the fact that we have a plethora of object lessons in the form of states who have welded Religion and Government together.

Namely, Afghanistan.

Hoo boy, I am watching the unfolding case of Abdul Rahman with great interest, mainly to see if the poor guy manages to stay alive, but also to watch Bush's religious base start gnawing its own entrails at the thought that we spent American lives and treasure to unseat the Taliban, just to see a man tried for apostasy under the shari'ah and condemned to die.

Think about that, Pat Robertson and James Dobson. You cheerleadered (cheerled?) the war - for this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Blondsense said...

The wacko christianity is the one that will prevail if they get their way. The mean, nasty, intolerant version. Not the gentle Jesus version of Christianity which would be at least tolerable should we become a theocracy. The Jesus version wouldn 't allow fascism.

I watched Scottie, homina homina homina about that Rahman story. This is interesting indeed.

I want to see your landscaping. Send me a pic

8:41 PM EST  
Blogger Walt said...

Liz,

I'll send you a pic of my front garden when I'm finished with. :-)

Since the 1st of this year I've expanded one garden, built three more and put a sprinkler system in my front yard. All by hand and working solo. Excellent exercise, I might add. :-)

7:58 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home