Sunday, March 26, 2006

Just Call Me Candide

Well, I finished my gardening and landscaping projects for this year, and before my self-imposed deadline of April 1st. Let's recap:

1. I expanded the garden and sprinkler line I built on the north side of the house in 2004 to cover the entire north side, extending all the way to the garage entrance. I planted impatiens, fountain grass and plumeria.

2. I planned, built and installed a sprinkler system to cover the south side of the house and the front yard.

3. I built a garden on the south side of the house.

4. I expanded the garden in front of the southeast window, and moved 5 Chinese holly bushes into it from the front garden.

5. I built a garden in the back yard, transplanted three more bushes to it from the front garden, and planted plumbago between them.

6. I dug up and leveled the front garden, converting half of the 10x21 foot space into a small patio with two potted climbing mandevillea, and the other half into an improvised Japanese-style 'dry' garden. I used Bermuda green stone to simulate water.

So, I'm done with my gardening until the weather here in Florida cools off again in December. Now it's time to start planning indoor projects, and designing a sprinkler system for the back yard.

***

Meaningless Milestone Time!

This is my 300th post!

3 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Wow, you've been busy. I have both the red and the white fountain grass. The white looks prettier than the red but I like them both.

I was flipping channels a couple of weeks ago and stopped short at QVC when I saw them selling a blue hibiscus tree. Grabbed the phone and ordered that bad boy. We planted it last week and it's already greening up. Little leaves popping out all over it. Can't wait to get the first bloom.

Congrats on all the yard work and also on your 300th posts.

9:52 AM EST  
Blogger Walt said...

Thanks, Patricia! :-)

10:08 AM EST  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

You're very welcome :)

2:20 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home