Monday, October 16, 2006

Day 8, Or Loose Ends And Earthquakes

(Another excellent dinner with a half-liter of tasty dark beer. Stefan's, on Adolf-Kolping-Strasse. Service could have been faster, though, but you can't have everything.)

I didn't have much planned for today, so it was time to shop! I bought some more batteries for my digital camera (the little guy eats up battery power like nobody's business), some more film for my Old Reliable 35mm, and a knit wool cap.

Why a knit wool cap, you ask?

Well, the day dawned cloudy and distinctly chilly, with the temperature showing that it was only 8 degrees (I am guessing that would put it somewhere in the low 40s). Since I am planning on ascending to the top of the 9200-foot tallest mountain in Germany (the Zugspitze), I figured I would need it. Besides, it's got the FC Bayern München logo on it.

I have been to the train station and arranged the following trips:

1. Tuesday: To Garmisch-Partenkirchen. From there I will take a cog railway and a cable car to the summit, and be back in Munich that night.

2. Wednesday: To Neuschwanstein. I plan on visiting the two castles erected at the behest of the Bavarian King Ludwig II, who was considered crazier than George W Bush.

3. Thursday: To Friedrichshafen. The two things to recommend this little town is the museum commemorating the exploits and vision of Graf von Zeppelin (you, know, airships!) and a quick ferry trip across Lake Constance to touch ground in Switzerland.

***
Earthquakes in Hawai'i. Hmm, the Weird Shit -o- Matic is working overtime. Let's see what other earthquakes are in view, hmm?
Thanks to Blondesense Liz, I read where the number of Americans who actually believe the 9/11 intelligence stands at 16%. That should just about cover the number of people who still think that Bush should have his visage carved on Mount Rushmore.
President Moshe Katsav of Israel is likely to be charged with rape. Interesting! I had only thought he'd get hammered for sexual harrassment. Either way, his career is toast.
The price of oil at the barrel is going up again. Seems that the Saudis can't maintain their social welfare state without high oil revenue. Nice to see that they emulated us in establishing a sustainable society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home